Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Goals and my learning styles

Well I started thinking about my learning toolkit, but didn't really think about my goals or how I learn. So my goals...
ummm - well obviously I want to learn more about this stuff and feel more comfortable using it.
I defintely want to see ways that we can use it in our section and other parts of the Library to make our services better for our customers.
I also would like this programme to be an opportunity to promote teamwork and communication across the library and to help other staff feel a little more confident with technology, and maybe a little empowered by their knowledge?
And I have to admit one of my goals is to have fun and enjoy my work and this for me definitely helps with that!
now learning - i learn more by doing than reading - so this is great. though sometimes i have trouble translating the written instructions into actions - so i suppose that is where the mentors and other people come in. I often have to paraphrase something into my own head or words for it to make sense to me, so that also helps. I'm an impatient learner wanting to jump from one thing to another - and i guess i'm a bit attracted by glittery things - a bit like that bird (is it a bower bird) that grabs shimmery things and puts them in their nest. So i suppose i'm easily distracted and not always following instructions. It can take you to exciting places, or also leave me frustrated cause I missed a few steps and got totally lost!
Well that's enough reflection for now.....

No comments: